Sunrise Cranberry-orange MuffinsFrom oliviaswarden 5 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1 egg (beaten) shopping list
- 1 tsp grated orange peel shopping list
- 1/4 cup orange juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup half-half shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (chopped) shopping list
- *foot note shopping list
- Crumb Topping: shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 light brown sugar (packed) shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray muffin pan with non-stick baking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Add egg, orange juice, orange peel and half-half all at once, stirring enough until mixture is evenly moist.
- Fold in cranberries.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, brown sugar and cinnamon together throughly.
- Cut in butter until it looks like moist sand and set aside.
- Spoon batter into muffin pans about 2/3 and crumble topping onto each muffin covering the top completely.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- *This can be made into a loaf by using 9x5x3 loaf pan but will bake longer-1 hr and 10 minutes or until tester comes out clean
- **If fresh or frozen cranberries are not available, take dried cranberries, place them in a microwavable bowl, cover with enough water, heat them on high for two minutes and let them stand until ready to use them-then drain, pat dry and fold them into batter.
The Cookoliviaswarden Olmsted Falls, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!