Dutch BabyFrom bojangles42 6 years ago
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 2/3 c flour shopping list
- 2/3 c milk or buttermilk shopping list
- 1/4 teas vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/8 teas ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 teas grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1/8 teas salt shopping list
- 2 T butter shopping list
- sour cream or plain yogurt- we use fat free but any work shopping list
- brown sugar shopping list
- Strawberries- fresh or frozen (any berries or fruit that you like will work) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- Using an electric beater, beat the eggs until they are light in color and foamy.
- Add the milk, vanilla, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt to the eggs and beat until smooth
- Melt the butter in a 10" cast iron skillet or other oven proof skill, swirling to coat the edges.
- Pour the batter into the frying pan and place in the oven.
- Bake for 18-24 minutes until golden. It will puff up and then the middle with fall when it is taken out of the oven.
- Then cool for 5 minutes cut into quarters.
- Serve 2 quarters per person topped with sour cream, brown sugar, and strawberries to taste.
- Experiment with toppings - fruit is always good, whipped cream is traditional. Crumbled sausage, ham, or bacon topped with grated Gouda cheese is great too. You can't go wrong with syrup.
The Cookbojangles42 Rochester, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!