Brownie Caramel Walnut PieFrom oliviaswarden 3 years ago
- 1 9" prepared graham cracker pie crust shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 20 caramels (unwrapped) shopping list
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk (divided) shopping list
- 1 egg (beaten, room temp) shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted and divided) shopping list
- 6 ounces semi-sweet/milk chocolate chips (melted shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Brush 2 tbsp of melted butter onto pie crust, moistening crust.
- Sprinkle nuts into pie shell.
- In a bowl, melt caramels with 2/3 cup condensed milk in microwave on high one 1 minute increments, stirring after each as to not to burn until fully melted.
- Pour caramel sauce over walnuts, completely covering.
- In bowl, combine egg,remaining butter and remaining condensed milk; mix well.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave on High on 1 minute increments, stirring each time until fully melted and slighlty cool.
- Stir in chocolate into dairy mixture very throughly.
- Pour mixture over caramel layer.
- Bake 35 minutes or until center is set(dip tester into brownie layer and only a few moist crumbs should cling to tester).
- Serve warm
- *can sub any nut. **can sub for shortbread pie crust *** Slightly cool melted chocolate for about 1 minute, so when adding to mixture, you do not "cook" the egg in the mixture!!
The Cookoliviaswarden Olmsted Falls, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!