Weight Watchers Friendly Smoked Trout And Asparagus QuicheFrom jnb 5 years ago
- 2 cups frozen hash browns shopping list
- 1 smoked trout fillet, skin removed shopping list
- 1 10 oz box frozen asparagus tips shopping list
- dash of hot sauce shopping list
- dash worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped fine. shopping list
- 1 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup fat free half and half shopping list
- 1 cup low fat or non fat cottage cheese shopping list
- 1/3 cup reduced fat Italian cheese blend shopping list
- 2/3 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 deg. Spray 9 inch pie pan with cooking/non stick spray. Place hash browns in pie pan, spread around and up sides to make "crust". Place in preheated oven for 20-25 mins. Press down with bottom of glass to flatten hash browns against bottom and sides of pan. Return to oven for 5 more minutes, until just starting to lightly brown. Remove from oven and set aside for a few minutes. Turn oven down to 375 deg.
- While crust is baking, Thaw asparagus tips and drain (I usually nuke them for a minute or 2). Saute chopped onion and garlic in olive oil until softened. Add in asparagus spears and stir to mix. Flake trout filet and stir into onion mixture. Set aside to cool.
- Mix 3 eggs in a bowl, stir in fat free half and half. Add in worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Stir in cottage cheese and fresh parsley. Season with black pepper to taste.
- Place asparagus/onion/trout mixture over hash brown crust, spreading out evenly in dish. Spread grape tomatoes over top of vegetable mixture. Pour egg/cottage cheese mixture over vegetables/potatoes, making sure its evenly distributed. Sprinkle cheese over top. Put back in oven and bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned and set. Remove from oven and let sit for 5-10 mins. Cut into wedges and serve.
- Serve with fresh fruit and toasted english muffins for a complete hearty breakfast.
- ***According to the WW website recipe builder, this should be 4 points if made into 8 servings, or 5 points if made into 6 servings.****