Cedar Plank Tamari And Ginger SalmonFrom charlestonchefdave 6 years ago
- MEAT: shopping list
- 1 to 2 LB's WILD Caught salmon Filets shopping list
- MARINADE: shopping list
- 1/2 Cup of tamari (you can use low sodium soy sauce but try to find tamari) shopping list
- 4 Tablespoons of water shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons of pure maple syrup, honey or brown sugar shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil (EVO - extra virgin olive oil will do) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons of Freshly peeled and grated ginger shopping list
- 3 cloves of garlic peeled and minced shopping list
- FOR GRILL: shopping list
- 1 Cedar Plank for cooking (do not use treated wood/ obtain from Grocery or Grilling store) shopping list
How to make it
- IMPORTANT **** Soak Cedar Plank in Water for 2-4 Hours *****
- Combine all ingredients for MARINADE into a large Freezer Zip Bag or into a shallow pan.
- Add Salmon
- Place in Refrigerator
- Allow to Marinate for a minimum of 1 hour preferably 2 hours or longer if you like (you don't have to marinate fish long, experiement)
- Remove Fish from Refrigerator and allow to come to room Temp 1/2 hour or so
- Gas Grill: Set Flame to Med (if you have a temp gauge get to 350F)
- Charcoal Grill: Light Fire let coals turn completely white about 45 mins)
- Smoker: Setup for direct heat and get temp to 350F
- Once Grill is heated, place the Soaked Cedar Plank Directly on Grill for 5 minutes and then turn it over
- Remove Salmon from Marinade and place on Cedar Plank
- Close Lid
- Allow to Grill on Cedar Plank for 20-25 minutes (depending on the size of your Salmon Filet) or until fish is cooked through, becareful NOT to over cook the fish. Should be pink, flakey and moist/not dry.
- Remove from Gril and allow to rest for 5 minutes
- Server and Enjoy
- Serving Suggestions: Serve with a beautiful Garden Salad or over a bed of Jasmine Rice and Steamed Asparagus
- Pairing suggestions: Either a big glass of Sweet Tea or your favorite Pinot Noir.
The Cookcharlestonchefdave Charleston, South Carolina
- Not added to any groups yet!