Shrimp With Garlic Cream SauceFrom jencathen 5 years ago
- pasta and Sauce: shopping list
- 1 pkg angel hair pasta shopping list
- 1 lb. medium shrimp raw shopping list
- 3 tbsp. minced garlic shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley (fresh) shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- Brine for Shrimp: shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/8 cup salt shopping list
- ice cubes (1 1/2 trays) shopping list
How to make it
- Brine Shrimp:
- Bring 1 cup of water to boil. Turn off heat and add salt and sugar, stir until dissolved. Add ice cubes. When mixture is cold, add shrimp and soak for 1/2 hour with shells on. If shells are off soak for 15-20 min.
- Rinse and reserve.
- Pasta and Sauce:
- Prepare pasta according to the directions except cook until just a little bit before al dente. It will finish cooking when added to the pasta sauce.
- While pasta water comes to a rapid boil, heat the oil in a 12" iron skillet on medium to medium-high heat, add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute (be careful not to burn, this makes the garlic bitter).
- Add the cream and bring to a simmer. Cook until the cream begins to thicken.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese. Stir until cheese melted and add shrimp and parsley.
- Cook until shrimp is done.
- Add pasta to the sauce and toss. The residual heat from the sauce will finish cooking the pasta.
The Cookjencathen TX
- Not added to any groups yet!