My Butter Cream Frosting with variationsFrom recipediva 8 years ago
- Cook until thick and cool completely shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 5 tablespoons flour (Wondra flour, comes in a box or shaker, I use the shaker) shopping list
- In a bowl cream: shopping list
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) sweet unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 cup 10 x sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Be sure pudding and butter is at the same temperature.
- When this is mixed add cooled pudding. I this slowly, Sometimes it does not need it all. You want the frosting light and fluffy. It may need more sugar. I don’t like my frosting SWEET! ( Sugar will make it heavy and sweet. I like it lightly sweet and fluffy)
- At this point as well I sometimes variate depending on the cake. I add 2 Tablespoons of peanut butter and it may need more 10x sugar (only because of the peanutbutter). I don’t like a lot of peanut butter you can add it to taste. Again I like it fluffy and light. IF you add to much it will be heavy ( I use peanut butter icing for my chocolate cake sometimes or the strawberry or rasberry or the mocha).
- Another variation I add some Knots berry farm raspberry syrup or strawberry and again may need more 10x sugar.
- Another variation: while adding pudding mix add some cocoa and little instant coffee(crush the granuales finely) to make mocha frosting
- I love this on my chocolate cake with coffee in it. Sometimes I use the peanut butter in it. I dont add alot of peanut butter.
The Cookrecipediva Pittsburgh, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!