Cheesecake Topped Granola BaklavaFrom jo_jo_ba 3 years ago
- 1 cup crunchy plain granola shopping list
- 1/2 cup toasted buckwheat (kasha), soaked in warm water 10 minutes and drained shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 lb cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 tsp rosewater shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tbsp cold 1% milk shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 12 sheets phyllo pastry (1/2 lb), cut in half crosswise shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 2 tbsp honey shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix granola, kasha, cinnamon and nutmeg, set aside.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese, honey, vanilla, rosewater and lemon juice until well blended.
- Mix together the cornstarch and milk until smooth, beat into above.
- Add eggs, beat well. Set cheese mixture aside.
- Layer phyllo sheets in a greased 13x9" pan, brushing each layer with a light coat of butter and sprinkling granola mixture over every other layer.
- Pour cream cheese mixture overtop and smooth, then drizzle with remaining 2 tbsp honey.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature before cutting.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!