Moro De Habichuelas Negras(Black Beans and Rice)From dcruzarelli 5 years ago
- 3 Cups of long grain white rice (Canilla is my preference) shopping list
- 1 Can of Goya black beans(any brand will do) shopping list
- 4 Cups of water shopping list
- 1/4 cup canola oil,Divided shopping list
- 1Heaping Tbsp. tomato paste shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. Spanish seasoning(recipe on my page) shopping list
- 1 package of Sazon Goya w. Culantro Y Achiote shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. Recaito(Posting recipe soon) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. Dominican seasoning(recipe Coming Soon) shopping list
- Few Sprigs of cilantro shopping list
- salt To taste shopping list
- aluminum foil shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse rice with cool water, set aside.
- Heat half of the Oil in a large pot, add to the pot the tomato paste, spanish seasoning,sofrito and dominican seasoning and stir. While stirring add the can of black beans.
- Add the 4 cups of water, and bring to a simmering boil. Add the rice and the package of sazon goya w/ Culantro & achiote and the sprigs of cilantro. Add salt to taste. Stir so the rice wont clump together. When all of the water has evaporated lower the temperature to medium low heat, cover with aluminum foil and a pot cover
- Wait 25 minutes, uncover turn the rice and using a big spoon add the other half of the oil making sure all the rice is covered in the oil.
- If the rice isn't cooked yet add 2 tbls of water to the rice, cover pot and cook for another 7-8 minutes. Tada arroz con frijoles baby!! ;)
The Cookdcruzarelli 11214
- Not added to any groups yet!