Kale And Sweet Potato Caribbean SoupFrom katherinegrant 6 years ago
- 1 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion shopping list
- 3-6 cloves garlic, pressed shopping list
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger root shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- 2 teaspoosn ground turmeric shopping list
- 1Tbsp + 1 tsp ground coriander shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dried thyme shopping list
- 6 cups vegetable, beef or chicken stock shopping list
- 2 cups diced peeled sweet potatoes shopping list
- 3-4 cups (about 200g) finely chopped fresh kale shopping list
- 1 cup coconut milk shopping list
- 2 cups fresh or canned chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 1-2 cups canned black beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, or to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the onion, garlic, and ginger; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle in the allspice, turmeric, coriander, and thyme; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the vegetable stock, sweet potatoes and kale and bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes. Add the canned tomatoes and black beans. When the temperature is back up to a simmer, stir in the coconut milk, then add the lime juice. Taste, then add salt and pepper to taste.
The Cookkatherinegrant Canada, England
- Not added to any groups yet!