Slow Cooker Shredded Beef TacosFrom parkerfamily 4 years ago
- 2lb-2.5lb Chuck Blade beef steak (or any steak that is suited for slow cooking) shopping list
- 1/2 cup of Cold water shopping list
- Your favourite taco / burrito seasonings shopping list
- flour, for coating shopping list
- Your favourite taco / burrito toppings (cheese, salad, beans, salsa etc) shopping list
- tortillas shopping list
How to make it
- Turn your slow cooker / crockpot to high and preheat while you deal with meat. I add a little bit of olive oil to slow cooker and coat bowl using a pastry brush, but this is optional.
- Cut your steaks into single portions (approx 3-4 inches long), coat in flour. Turn up the heat in a saucepan, add a squirt of oil and add your beef / prefered meat. Sear until meat is sealed.
- Add meat to your slow cooker. Add the 1/2 cup of water (cold is fine) and cook on high for 1 hour.
- Once the first hour is up, turn slow cooker down to low and leave for 5-6 hours.
- Once cooking is done, take meat out of slow cooker. Drain liquid, leave slow cooker on low (or high if you want to speed things up). Using a fork shred steaks up into bite sized pieces. The meat should shread very easily and be very tender.
- Place meat back into slow cooker, add your favourite taco / burrito seasonings (I just use 1 or 2 of my favourite taco sachets from supermarket), add a little water to desired consistancy. Leave on for approx 45 mins.
- Serve hot in tortillas with your favourite toppings.
- Please note: You can use this method for shredded bbq meat for burgers too, switch out the taco seasonings, and add your favourite bbq sauce after 5-6 hour mark.
- Also note: I often ignore the cooking times for low / high. Rule of thumb is for every hour on low, the cooker can do on high in 30 mins. So just adjust to whatever time you have in your day.
The Cookparkerfamily Hamilton, New Zealand
- Not added to any groups yet!