French Onion SoupFrom cheffiona 5 years ago
- 2 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs onions thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup red wine shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 quarts beef stock shopping list
- 8 croutes shopping list
- 1 garlic clove shopping list
- 4 ounces of grated cheese shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Melt the butter and the oil in a pan over low heat and add the onions and the sugar and turn to coat well. Season with the salt and pepper then press a piece of damp wax paper on top of the onions cook uncovered stirring occasionally for 40 minutes or until they are a rich dark brown color and make sure they do not stick and burn.
- 2. Remove the wax paper and stirin the wine and increase the heat to medium and stir for 5 minutes while the onions glaze/ Sprinkle in the flour and stir for 2 minutes and then pour in the stock and bring to a boil reduce the heat to low and cover with a lid and let simmer for 30 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- 3. Rub the croutes with the cut garlic and sprinkle with cheese and place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes and then place in the soup and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- cheffiona Las Vegas, Nevada
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookcheffiona Las Vegas, Nevada
- Not added to any groups yet!