Mrs. Field's Applesauce-Oatmeal Cookie CopycatFrom asmith 5 years ago
- 2 1/2 c all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 c quick oats shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest shopping list
- 1 c packed brown sugar shopping list
- 12 Tbsp (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1 lg egg shopping list
- 1/2 c unsweetened applesauce shopping list
- 1/2 c honey shopping list
- 1 c finely chopped peeled apple shopping list
- 1 c raisins shopping list
- 1/2 c quick oats (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 1 cup oats, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and zest, mix until evenly distributed.
- In another large bowl, beat the brown sugar and butter until the mixture is light and fluffy. With mixer running, add the egg, then the applesauce, then the honey.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients, 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition. Then add the chopped apple and raisins and hand mix until just combined.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls, about 1 1/2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with the 1/2 cup oats if desired. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the bottoms are golden. Cool on wire racks.
- *** This recipe says it makes 48 cookies, I made very large cookies and got about 22 out of each batch. I also baked them at 350 for 10-12 minutes. They turned out very soft and delicious.
- ** I don't care for raisin cookies so I also made the following chocolate chip variation.(not in the cook book)
- For Oatmeal Chocolate Chip: Prepare as directed omitting, cinnamon, cloves, zest, chopped apple, and raisins. Add 1-1 1/2 c chocolate chips.
The Cookasmith Misery, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!