Phil's Spag BolFrom chilliloaf 5 years ago
- 500g Mince beef (Lean,browned and drained through sieve) shopping list
- 200g Diced pancetta shopping list
- 1 Large Onion or 2 Med Onions** (finely chopped) shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves** (finely chopped) shopping list
- 1 Tsp dried basil shopping list
- 1 Large sprig of fresh rosemary (chopped leaves only) shopping list
- 1 Tsp Dried oregano shopping list
- 1 Tsp Smoked sweet paprika (Brand-La Chinata. a must!) shopping list
- 7-8 Good size mushrooms (sliced) shopping list
- 1 400g tin of chopped toms shopping list
- 2 Tbs tomato puree shopping list
- 1 Splash of Worcester sauce shopping list
- 1 beef stock cube shopping list
- 1 Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 250 ml boiling water shopping list
- ½ A squeezed lemon or 2 Tbs shopping list
- ½ Tsp salt and ½ Tsp pepper (season to taste thereafter) shopping list
- ** Put in Mini Chopper shopping list
How to make it
- Heat pot
- Put the Olive oil in to a medium-low heat, add the Pancetta and the Rosemary stirring until the Pancetta turns crispy,
- Add the Onion and Garlic stirring 5-7 mins (same heat)
- Put in the Tomato Puree again for about 5-7 mins stirring occasionally
- Add the browned Mince along with the herbs and spices (Paprika,Basil,Oregano and a Splash of Worcester sauce) Stir for a minute or so, add the 250ml boiling water to the Beef stock cube and mix before adding it to the pot along with the tin of Chopped Tomatoes.
- Add the sliced Mushrooms and Season with the Salt and Pepper give it a stir.Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and cover.Simmer on a very low heat for 3-4 hrs stirring occasionally
- Stir in the Lemon Juice 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with Spaghetti and Parmesan Cheese.
- Add a knob of Butter together with 3-4 Tbs of the water (which the Spaghetti was cooking in) to the drained Pasta and season with Salt and freshly ground Pepper mix through and serve.
The Cookchilliloaf Glasgow,Scotland, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!