Creole Sausage & RiceFrom windy1950 3 years ago
How to make it
- 1. Melt the butter in a 4-qt saucepan over medium heat. Add the Andouille to the pan when the butter is sizzling, and cook until the sausage is nicely browned. Scoot the pan off the burner for a moment.
- 2. Add the water, tomatoes, rice mix and corn to the pan; stir. Return pan to the burner and bring to a boil.
- 3. Reduce heat to medium low and cover the pan; cook for 20 to 25 minutes, or until liquid is mostly absorbed.
- 4. Remove pan from the heat and allow to set for 5 minutes. Fluff and serve.
- SUGGESTED SIDE: Baby lima beans
- NOTE: I wrote this recipe to be made with Andouille sausage, to create a Creole mood. However, if you’re like me and only like a hint of spice — or you must cook for others with widely varying tolerances for heat, do as I did and substitute an equivalent amount of smoked sausage or kielbasa, diced in the same fashion.