Lemon Poppy Seed CakeFrom NCcook22 6 years ago
- cake shopping list
- 1 package lemon cake mix shopping list
- 1 small package instant lemon pudding mix shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2-3 ounces lemon juice + water to make 1 cup shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds shopping list
- frosting shopping list
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened shopping list
- About 3 1/2 cups confectioners sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest shopping list
How to make it
- Cake: Combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, and oil, Beat on low 30 seconds and then medium 2 minutes. Fold in the poppy seeds. Pour batter into a greased and floured 9 X 13-inch pan. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes until done. Cool completely before frosting.
- Frosting: Cream the butter until fluffy. Add the sugar, a bit at a time. Add the remaining ingredients and beat until frosting consistency is reached. Frost the cake.
- PREP NOTES: The poppy seeds add only to the appearance of the cake, not the flavor, so you can omit them if desired. Increase lemon juice and decrease water in the cake batter for a sharper lemon flavor if desired.
The CookNCcook22 Charlotte, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!