Baked PlantainFrom thenewagecook 4 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- Baked plantain can be eaten plain or served over a bed of brown rice or white rice.
- Peel the ripe plantains and cut in half and split lengthwise.
- Place them in a covered baking dish with the rounded side up.
- In a measuring cup, mix together the apple juice, molasses, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger, and pour over the plantains in the baking dish.
- Bake for 30 - 45 minutes, or in a microwave oven (on high) for about
- 10 - 15 minutes. The reason for the covered baking dish is to help "steam" the plantains and prevent them from drying out.
- Baste as necessary to prevent the top of the plantains from drying out and to help give them a nice color.
- Serve plain or over a bed of brown or basmati rice and enjoy!
- NOTE- If you are serving baked plantains over rice as a main dish, I suggest serving with a large salad or steamed veggies.
The Cookthenewagecook Miami, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!