Chicken And DumplingsFrom gkwillow 3 years ago
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut in large chunks shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth (canned or homemade) shopping list
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
How to make it
- Saute carrots in olive oil for 5 mins.
- Stir in the broth, bay leaf, poultry seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered. for 5 mins.
- Remove the bay leaf and add the chicken.
- For dumplings, combine biscuit mix and milk. Pat or roll the dough 1/2' thick. Cut in square "pillow" shapes. Drop in broth and simmer 10-15 minutes (covered) or until a toothpick inserted into a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift cover while simmering).
- Add a heaping tsp of flour mixed in several tablespoons milk for creamy chicken and dumplings, add none or even use more chicken broth for chicken and dumplings soup.
- Salt to taste and serve sprinkled with parsley flakes.