Chicken And DumplingsFrom gkwillow 3 years ago
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut in large chunks shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth (canned or homemade) shopping list
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
How to make it
- Saute carrots in olive oil for 5 mins.
- Stir in the broth, bay leaf, poultry seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered. for 5 mins.
- Remove the bay leaf and add the chicken.
- For dumplings, combine biscuit mix and milk. Pat or roll the dough 1/2' thick. Cut in square "pillow" shapes. Drop in broth and simmer 10-15 minutes (covered) or until a toothpick inserted into a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift cover while simmering).
- Add a heaping tsp of flour mixed in several tablespoons milk for creamy chicken and dumplings, add none or even use more chicken broth for chicken and dumplings soup.
- Salt to taste and serve sprinkled with parsley flakes.
People Who Like This Dish 12
- MissouriFarmWife Ozarks, Missouri
- koenig Nowhere, Us
- christobrawn Springfield, U.S.A.
- mrpiggy Mendocino County, CA
- yogababe69 Nowhere, Us
- fantasgreat1011 Nowhere, Us
- caram3lpr1nc3ss Blitzburgh, PA
- crazeecndn Edmonton, CA
- icecreamuffin Abilene, TX
- jlv1023 Plymouth, WI
- Plus 2 othersFrom around the world!