Caramel Apple PieFrom QuickMaMa 3 years ago
- 3/4 cup of sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbs of flour shopping list
- 1&1/2 Tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 Tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1 Tbs lemon juice shopping list
- 6 cups of peeled and sliced apples. Great with any kind shopping list
- 1 jar of your favorite caramel shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts. I like to use walnuts, but you can use whatever kind you like, even pecans. shopping list
- roll out pie crust. ( or you can make your own) shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven 425
- Place 1 pie crust in the bottom of pie pan.
- Mix sugar,flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Stir in apples and lemon juice. Make sure they are coated well.
- Put in to pie crust.
- Pour caramel over apples, then sprinkle with nuts. You can use more or less than the whole jar of caramel. Depends on how much of that flavor you want in your pie. I use about 3/4 of a jar and its not over powered by the caramel.
- Cover with second pie crust.
- Cut slits in the top of the crust. Brush top with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar before you bake to make it pretty;)
- *Cover the crust edges with foil or a crust gaurd to prevent them from burning.
- Bake for 35 to 45 min. should be a nice golden brown when done.
- Let it cool to room temperature for caramel to firm up,or eat it hot with ice cream and drizzle the hot caramel from the pie pan over the top. Either way it is soooo good!
The CookQuickMaMa Kalamazoo, Mi
- Not added to any groups yet!