Salami, Olive, & Cheese BreadFrom astoutyeoman 3 years ago
- 8.5 C Hard wheat flour and unbleached white flour mixed 50/50 OR just unbleached white flour shopping list
- 2 Envelopes Quick-Rising dry yeast shopping list
- 2 1/2 C Tepid water shopping list
- 1 tsp salt dissolved in 1tsp water shopping list
- 1/2 C Chopped salami shopping list
- 3/4 C pimiento-Stuffed olives, well drained shopping list
- 1 C coarsely grated Provolone or mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1/4 C grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- cornmeal for baking shopping list
How to make it
- Dissolve the yeast in the water. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add yeast/water to 4 C flour to make a batter. Beat for 10 min.
- Add Salami, Olives, & Cheese to batter and blend until smooth.
- Add the salted water and remaining flour a bit at a time and knead until smooth...8-10 min.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch down the dough and form into 2 loaves.
- Sprinkle a little cornmeal on a sheet pan and place loaves onto it.
- Allow dough to rise again until doubled.
- Dust loaves with a bit of flour and bake at 450 degrees for 30 min.
- Remove the loaves from the pan and allow to cool on a rack.
The Cookastoutyeoman Royersford, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!