Starbuck's Holiday Gingerbread LoafFrom twill10 6 years ago
- Starbuck's Holiday gingerbread Loaf shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ginger shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon orange extract, optional shopping list
- 1 cup applesauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- frosting shopping list
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract (optional) shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9 inch square pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in
- orange extract if using.
- Dissolve baking soda into applesauce and mix into creamed butter mixture.
- Add flour mixture. Mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 50 minutes (I do 45 minutes) or until a
- toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out just slightly sticky.
- Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and orange
- extract (if using). Gradually beat in confectioner's sugar.
- Frost cake when it is completely cooled. Decorate with chopped candied
- orange peel or candied ginger .
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!