Light Butter Chicken With Wild RiceFrom jgnat 3 years ago
- 2 Tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 large onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup tomato puree or chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 packet Indian butter chicken spice Paste www.asianhomegourmet.com shopping list
- 2 large or 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut to bite size pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup light yogurt (may be whisked with a couple wedges of light laughing cow soft cheese) shopping list
- 1/4 cup wild rice shopping list
- 3/4 cups Uncle Ben's converted rice shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
How to make it
- Heat butter in a saucepan on medium heat. Add onions and cook for three minutes until softened.
- Sir in tomatoes, water, yogurt, and spice paste.
- Add meat; cook uncovered on low heat for twenty minutes (be kind to the yogurt; simmer gently) to thicken.
- Meanwhile set two cups water to boil; then add wild rice and converted rice. Turn heat low and cover, twenty minutes.
The Cookjgnat Grande Cache, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!