Oats & Wholewheat Eggless QuicheFrom sanjeetakk 3 years ago
- For the Crust shopping list
- * 1 cup Wholewheat flour shopping list
- * 1/2 cup oats shopping list
- * 1/3 cup olive oil/melted butter shopping list
- * 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- * 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- * 1/2 cup water/milk shopping list
- For the Filling shopping list
- * 1 cup of shredded spinach shopping list
- * 1/2 cup of color bell pepper shopping list
- * 1 onion shopping list
- * 2 cloves of garlic shopping list
- * 1 tsp red chilly flakes shopping list
- * 1/2 tsp dry herbs shopping list
- * 1/2 cup tofu shopping list
- * 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- * salt as desired shopping list
- * 1/2 tsp of fresh black pepper shopping list
- * 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- For the Crust: Slightly dry roast the oats for a few minutes and grind it along with all the dry ingredients.Take the ground mix in a large vessel and make a well in it. Add the olive oil or butter into it. Rub the whole flour mix with light hand till it resembles bread crumbs.
- Add water or milk as a binding agent. Make a hard dough, increase the quantity of liquid if you are not getting a firm dough.
- Take a pie dish and grease it with oil. Roll out the above made dough into a big circle and spread it in the dish. Trim the extra dough which is coming out of the dish. Peirce the pastry shell with fork to ensure a crispy bake.
- Bake the pastry shell for about 10-15 minutes at 230°C till the crust is baked and is golden brown from outside. You can blind bake the crust for better results.
- Peel and slice onion, dice the capsicum. Wash and shred the spinach. Crush the garlic cloves or dice it finely. Heat oil in a wok and saute the sliced onion & the crushed garlic.
- Add the sliced capsicum and cook for 1 minute on medium heat. Add the shredded spinach & salt and cook for another 1 minute. Take the filling out from the stove and cool it a little.
- The liquid you see in the picture above is the water released while cooking the spinach. Don’t worry it will all be taken care of by the oven!
- Crumble the Tofu and mix it with the 1 tbsp of milk and add it to the cooked spinach mix. Grate the cheese.
- Assembling the Quiche: Pour the cooked spinach mix over the pre baked tart shell. Sprinkle the chilly flakes and crushed pepper over the spread. And lastly add the grated cheese on top of the assembled Quiche.
- Bake the Quiche for 40-50 minutes at 190°C or till done. Cool it for 10 -15 minutes before slicing the Quiche.
- Quiche is one dish, which looks complicated but is quite easy to bake. Am sure you will love this, once you get to bake one for yourself. And what better way to add wholegrain and veggies in your kids’ menu than a decadent vegetable Quiche!
The Cooksanjeetakk Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!