Vegetable LasagnaFrom canesgirl1186 2 years ago
- 1 12oz container low fat Ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 8oz (or more depending on preference) mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1 16oz jar favorite tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 16oz can diced tomatoes (plain or Italian) shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli (fresh or frozen/thawed), florets separated shopping list
- 1 cup spinach (frozen and thawed, or if using fresh, 2 large handfuls) shopping list
- 5-7 baby carrots shredded shopping list
- 1 package lasagna noodles shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- salt and cracked pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 tsp red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano, plus 1 tsp shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp basil, plus 1 tsp shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tsp onion powder shopping list
How to make it
- Ricotta cheese: in a bowl, empty container of ricotta cheese and add 1 tsp of oregano and basil, garlic powder, onion powder, 1 tsp kosher salt, and cracked pepper. Mix to combine and set aside.
- Sauce: in a sauce pan over medium/low heat, add olive oil and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, red pepper flakes, oregano, basil, white wine. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer. Let simmer for 20-30 min on LOW heat (trust me, I had an boil over)
- In the meantime, boil water salted liberally and add lasagna noodles. Cook until noodles are still very al dente (they will continue cooking in the oven). Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a 12 by 18 pan, add a few ladles of tomato sauce (until bottom is coated). Place a layer of lasagna noodles followed by onions and spinach, ricotta mixture (crumble ricotta rather than spreading, it comes out the same and is easier), mozzarella, and tomato sauce. Continue for 2-3 more layers (depending on amount of noodles/sauce/vegetables). On top, cover noodles with sauce, mozzarella cheese and any remaining ricotta cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes, until vegetables are cooked and sauce is bubbly. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- canesgirl1186 Kendall West, FL
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookcanesgirl1186 Kendall West, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!