Shrimp Scampi & Arugula over QuinoaFrom luv2blocavore 5 years ago
- 1 cup quinoa shopping list
- 1.5 cups water shopping list
- 3/4 lb. shrimp (US wild-caught preferably), cleaned and de-veined shopping list
- 1 lemon shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced shopping list
- 1/8ish cup white wine (Oregon Pinot Gris to cook and pair) shopping list
- a bunch of baby arugula (as much as you like) shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- salt (sea or Kosher) and pepper shopping list
- 2 t. pesto (optional ... I had some cubes in the freezer) shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse quinoa in a fine sieve till water runs clear. Bring 1.5 cups water to a boil, add quinoa and a little salt, bring back to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes. Let stand with the lid on while you do the rest. Fluff with fork before serving.
- See Photo
- In a 10-inch, cold sauté pan, add 1 T olive oil (or so) and about 1 clove of the garlic. Slowly bring it up to med-high heat. Add shrimp, sauté briefly until just barely pink. Push shrimp to one side, add another T of oil and the rest of the garlic into it, swirling around a bit. Squeeze in lemon juice to taste, then a splash of wine. Crank the heat for just a few to burn off the wine. Add a little pesto if you have it or some fresh flat-leaf parsley.
- Toss arugula in a little lemon juice and your best extra virgin olive oil. Taste and adjust to how lemony you like it (or not). Season to taste with S & P.
- To plate: make a small bed of quinoa, top with arugula, then finish with the scampi and its sauce. Drizzle with a hair more olive oil (and lemon if you want).
- (This will make more quinoa than you need to serve two. Try reheating it in the morning with some soy milk, honey and cinnamon. Or sprinkle it on a salad, or put it in a frittata, or ...)
The Cookluv2blocavore Battle Ground, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!