Mom's Pastina Egg Drop SoupFrom linkev 4 years ago
How to make it
- Boil water, add boullions, wait till they disolve then drop eggs, break them down while you are mixing, make sure the yolks are broken down completely ( I use a fork to break down the yolks). When eggs are cooked add the pastina and cook according to package directions.
- You can add 1/2 a teaspoon of parsley to the pasta while it's cooking if you like.
- Serve while hot.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on each portion plate.(optional)
- Serve with italian bread. (optional)
- Mom sometimes used to poach the eggs instead of breaking them down, so we would have one egg each with the pastina.
- Tip: If you have left over and you refrigerate it, afterwards the pastina will be dry, so when you heat the pastina add a little bit of water to make the broth again
The Cooklinkev Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!