Not Your Traditional Corned Beef And PotatoesFrom BellaCNR 4 years ago
- 1 (3 pound) corned beef brisket, with spice packet shopping list
- 1 medium onion, diced shopping list
- 2 Tbsp EVOO shopping list
- 4 celery rib, sliced shopping list
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced (larger slices) shopping list
- 2 cans beef broth shopping list
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary shopping list
- 3 large potatoes, ¼’d shopping list
- 1 tsp white vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish shopping list
- Desired vegetable for side shopping list
- buttermilk biscuits shopping list
How to make it
- Add oil to Dutch oven and heat on medium flame, add onion and celery, and let saute till fragrant. After 5 min, push to the sides.
- Place corned beef in center of vegetables and let brown on each side.
- Add beef broth (till beef is almost covered) and two rosemary sprigs.
- Sprinkle contents of spice packet into Dutch oven. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 ½ hours.
- Add potatoes and cook uncovered for last ½ hour.
- Remove meat and carrots to a oven safe dish or roasting pan and set aside.
- Place Dutch oven with remaining liquid and potatoes in preheated 400 degree oven. Cook for ½ hour stirring once. Then place on High Broil to brown potatoes.
- Meanwhile, mix mustard, Horseradish and vinegar to dip beef.
- Place meat and vegetables in oven to heat last ten minutes potatoes are browning.
- Serve with desired vegetable and/or biscuits.
The CookBellaCNR Joisey Shore, NJ
- Not added to any groups yet!