Perfect Prime Rib Everytime (the Best Ever)From doreenfish 5 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 550F degrees. My oven only goes to 500 and that worked great
- Make a rub of salt, pepper and garlic powder and apply to meat. Place meat in a shallow roasting pan fat side up.
- Roast at 550 at 5 minutes per pound for RARE, or 6 minutes per pound for MEDIUM and 7 minutes per pound for WELL DONE.
- I found that because I like mine pretty much cremated I did it for 10 mins per pound and it was a little pink done in the 500 degree oven...Amazing taste and drippings too.IT IS AWESOME
- Turn off oven at the end of cooking time and DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR FOR TWO HOURS. THIS IS SO IMPORTANT!!
- At the end of the 2 hours, remove meat from oven to slice.
The Cookdoreenfish Thessalon, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!