Shrimp And Sausage JambalayaFrom chefmeow 4 years ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 pound sausage, kielbasa or andouille, sliced shopping list
- 1 pound smoked ham, cubed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 medium onion, diced shopping list
- 1 cup diced celery shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and diced shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and diced shopping list
- 1 cup seeded and diced tomato shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced OR ½ teaspoon cayenne shopping list
- 2 teaspoons diced fresh oregano shopping list
- 1 teaspoon diced fresh thyme shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- 6 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 3 cups long-grain rice, rinsed shopping list
- 3 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 6 to 8 dashes hot sauce, optional shopping list
- ½ cup chopped scallions, divided shopping list
- ¾ cup chopped fresh parsley, divided shopping list
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- 1 pound medium shrimp, deveined (20 to 24 count) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat, add the kielbasa and saute for 8 to 10 minutes, until browned. Remove the kielbasa to a bowl, and set aside.
- 2. Add the ham to the same pot and cook 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove to the bowl with the kielbasa, and set aside.
- 3. Add the butter, onion, celery and peppers to the same pot and saute for 8 to 10 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
- 4. Add the tomato, garlic, jalapeno or cayenne, oregano, thyme, and tomato paste and cook until all the vegetables and herbs are blended well.
- 5. Add the stock and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in the rice, and add the sausage, ham, bay leaves, salt, pepper and hot sauce. Return to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- 6. Add ¼ cup of the scallions, ¼ cup of the parsley, the lemon juice and the shrimp, and stir well. Cover the pot, remove it from the heat and allow the jambalaya steam, for 15 minutes, before serving.
- 7. Garnish with the remaining ¼ cup scallions and ½ cup parsley, and a dash of hot sauce, if desired.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!