Sugar Shack Pudding CakeFrom jo_jo_ba 9 years ago
- 1 1/3 c pure maple syrup (either A or B grade is fine) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp butter (no substitutes) shopping list
- 2/3 c all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/3 c whole-wheat or spelt flour shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 1/3 c buttermilk shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 c unsweetened applesauce (home-made is best, add cinnamon and cloves to store-bought) shopping list
- 1/3 c brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp white sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9-inch square pan.
- Reduce maple syrup over medium heat for 6-10 minutes or until it is about one cup. Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter until melted and pour into pan.
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Seperately, whisk egg, yolk, buttermilk and vanilla until foamy and creamy.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat applesauce and sugars until blended.
- Add dry and wet ingredients alternately, mixing until the batter is smooth.
- Dollop heaped tablespoons of the batter onto the maple syrup mixture. Don't worry if there are some bare spots.
- Bake 35 minutes or until tests done.
- Let stand 10 minutes, then serve.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Sweet Tooth448 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Muffins, Quick Breads, Scones and Biscuits282 members
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members
Food Blogs60 members
Original Recipes143 members
Easy Tastebud Delights43 members
Seasonally Winter73 members
Seasonally Spring45 members