Jacob's Cattle Bean Kale And Chevre SoupFrom choclytcandy 5 years ago
- 2 cups (16 oz.) Jacob's Cattle beans or other white beans, rinsed and soaked overnight (3 parts water to 1 part beans, soaking water reserved) shopping list
- 2 T salt shopping list
- 2 T unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 medium carrot, diced shopping list
- 1 celery stalk, diced shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1.5 cups tomato puree shopping list
- 1 cup chopped roasted red peppers shopping list
- 1 bunch black kale (or other kale), about 8-10 leaves, stemmed and chopped shopping list
- 2 dried bay leaves shopping list
- 1 T dried thyme shopping list
- 1 tsp red chili flakes shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1.5 cups soft goat cheese shopping list
- 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
How to make it
- Put the beans and soaking water in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and skim foam from the beans. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and add the salt (water should taste lightly of salt). Cook about 1 hour, until the beans are soft in texture and creamy in flavor.
- In another saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat, add the carrot, celery, yellow onion and garlic, and cook until the mixture is soft but not brown. Stir in the tomato puree, red peppers, and black kale. Cook for 4-5 minutes and add salt to taste.
- When beans have finished cooking, stire in the vegetable mixture, bay leaves, thyme, and chili flakes. Cook for about 20 minutes, then add the heavy cream, goat cheese, and black pepper. Cook for 15 minutes more, then season to taste with salt.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!