Sour Cream Pound CakeFrom doreenfish 5 years ago
How to make it
- Make sure all ingredients are room temperature .Sift flour, salt and soda together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter. Add sugar 1 cup at a time, creaming well after each addition.
- Add eggs 2 at a time till well incorporated. Mixture should look very smooth at this point.
- On low speed, add sour cream and flavorings. Add flour mixture 1 cup at a time. Be sure not to overbeat!
- Pour into a well greased and floured bundt pan and bake in a preheated, 300 degree oven for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- When cake is completely cooled, sprinkle with powdered sugar or make a glaze of 3/4 cup of maple syrup and 1 tbsp lemon juice.(Maple Syrup Pancake Muffins) Cook over low heat till syrupy and thickened. Poke holes in cake with a chop stick and drizzle glaze over cake making sure to get in the holes!!
- OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!
The Cookdoreenfish Thessalon, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!