Stuffed Mexi-pizza Towers W.avocado-jalapeno CremaFrom chefpriyanka 4 years ago
- 3-4 large flour tortillas shopping list
- 1 large white onion- finely diced shopping list
- 1-2 (depending on size) red/green bell peppers- finely diced shopping list
- 2-3 cloves garlic- crushed and minced shopping list
- * 1 tbsp cumin seeds shopping list
- * 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice shopping list
- * 1 tbsp (or to taste) cayenne pepper shopping list
- * coarse black pepper- few grinds (be generous) shopping list
- * salt- to taste shopping list
- * 1/2 tbsp onion powder shopping list
- * 1/2 tbsp garlic powder shopping list
- * 1/2 tbsp paprika shopping list
- * 2 roma tomatos- seeded and finely diced shopping list
- * 1 bunch cilantro- washed and finely chopped shopping list
- * 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- * PAM olive oil Flavor shopping list
- * 1 cup reduced-fat shredded mexican cheese shopping list
- * avocado-Jalepeno Crema (RECIPE BELOW) shopping list
- * Smokey refried beans (RECIPE BELOW) shopping list
- * curled lemon peels- garnishing (optional) shopping list
- For remaining: Click Here: http://wp.me/p15gh6-dJ shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a medium-sized skillet spray with a little PAM and pour olive oil and set over medium-high flame. Add cumin seeds and toast for 30 seconds or so then add onions and garlic. Saute for about 2 minutes, then add the bell peppers. Add all the seasonings, including salt and pepper. Saute for about 5-6 minutes because the vegetables should be soft and flavored well. Taste for salt and seasonings.
- 2. While the vegetables are cooking, use the cookie cutter to cut out round tortilla disks. 3-4 large tortillas should make about 30-32 disks. Place on a baking sheet in a toaster oven, and toast for about 5 minutes, just until they’re slightly golden color and crispy.
- 3. To assemble, place a layer of crispy tortilla disks on a serving dish and pile about 1-2 tbsp of bean mixture. Spread evenly, but not too much near the edge of the disk. Top with about 1 tbsp vegetable mixture and cheese (more or less depending on how much you like!).
- Place another disk on top and press down slightly- you don’t want the mixture to be oozing out! Drizzle on avocado-jalapeno crema and garnish with chopped tomatoes, cilantro and lemon peel. To add a festive and more green touch, I sliced fresh jalapenos and layered them on the serving dish- just in case anyone wants an extra spicy kick!
The Cookchefpriyanka Staten Island, New York
- Not added to any groups yet!