Moroccan LambFrom efitobx 3 years ago
- 2 lamb shoulders, cubed shopping list
- Marinade: shopping list
- 1/3 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Stew: shopping list
- 2 cups onions, chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced shopping list
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 5 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Mix all ingredients for the marinade. Add the cubed lamb shoulder and refrigerate overnight.
- In 3 tablespoons of the olive oil brown the lamb and remaining marinade well, then remove from pan and set aside.
- Add another 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan and saute the onion for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger and saute an additional 2 minutes.
- Add carrots and tomatoes, stir well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the lamb plus 2 cups of chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, cover and bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Served with side of couscous salad
The Cookefitobx Norfolk, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!