Turnip And Sausage Breakfast CasseroleFrom otterpond 3 years ago
- 2 link Sweet Italian turkey sausage, cooked shopping list
- 2 cups Raw turnip shopping list
- 4 egg shopping list
- 4 oz Baby Portabello mushrooms shopping list
- 1/4 cup onions, Green shopping list
- 2 garlic clove shopping list
- 1 tbsp margarine shopping list
- 1 tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 cup Finely Shredded Mozzarella shopping list
- 1/4 cup basil, Fresh shopping list
- 2 tbsp Fresh oregano shopping list
- 1/2 cup parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook the sausages and chop them into crumbly pieces.
- Peel then shred the turnips.
- In a saute pan, melt the butter and cook the onions until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic to the saute pan and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Allow the onion and mushroom to cool slightly. In a large bowl, combine the onion and mushrooms with the sausage, turnips, eggs, 1 Tablespoon herbs, and salt and pepper. Pour into a 8 x 8 baking dish. Arrange the tomato slices on top of the turnip mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then cover the pan, returning it to the oven for 20 minutes more. Uncover the casserole and sprinkle with cheese and additional Italian herbs. Place back into the oven for 5 minutes more to melt the cheese.
- Nutrition Info: http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/turnip-sausage-breakfast-casserole/#ixzz1IwjJynBp
The Cookotterpond Orlando, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!