Coffee Flavored Banana CakeFrom sugarmama 6 years ago
- INGREDIENTS shopping list
- 1/2 c all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 3/4 c cake flour shopping list
- ¾ c sugar ( I do NOT recommend completely replacing sugar with shopping list
- other kind of sweeteners because it keeps the cake moist shopping list
- & gives it a better flavor too) shopping list
- ¾ c Splenda or stevia shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3) shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons instant coffee granules shopping list
- 3/4 cup buttermilk or sour milk shopping list
- 1/2 c butter, softened shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Grease & lightly flour 2 loaf pans or a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Set
- aside. See Photo
- 2. Measure & mix together ALL DRY ingredients except sugar &
- instant coffee granules. Set aside.
- 3. Mash banana well with a fork & mix instant coffee granules in it. See Photo
- 4. Cream softened butter (left @ room temperature for at least 30
- mins or until softened) & sugar using a hand mixer See Photo. See Photo
- 5. Add eggs 1 @ a time making sure NO more trace of egg is visible
- before adding in the next 1.
- 6. Mix in vanilla.
- 7. Add about 1/3 of dry ingredients, half of mashed banana, & the
- sour milk to creamed butter mixture. Mix by hand (for better control
- of mixing) using a rubber spatula just until combined. See Photo
- 8. Add in the next 3rd of dry ingredients & the rest of the mashed
- banana, & sour milk.
- 9. End with the rest of the dry ingredients. Mix just until combined.
- DO NOT OVERMIX for this will result to a hard cake but make sure
- there is no more streaks of flour.
- 10. Put batter to prepared pans.
- 11. Bake in a preheated (for about 10 mins) 350 degrees F oven for
- about 40 mins for 2 loaf pans & about 35 mins for 13X9X2-inch
- baking pan..
- 12. Test cake for doneness (toothpick test) 5 mins before
- recommended baking time.
- *How to do toothpick test: Insert a clean toothpick in the middle part of
- cake… if it comes clean… meaning no crumbs or wet batter
- clinging to it… then CAKE is DONE!
The Cooksugarmama Chicago, IL
- Not added to any groups yet!