Slow Cooker Mexican Pulled PorkFrom choclytcandy 4 years ago
- 3 1/2 lb pork shoulder butt roast shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 tbsp Penzey’s Black and Red spice shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika shopping list
- generous handful fresh oregano shopping list
- 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) tomatoes shopping list
- 3/4 cup fresh or canned pineapple, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice shopping list
- To serve: shopping list
- corn tortillas shopping list
- Fresh cilantro shopping list
- salsa/ hot sauce of your choice shopping list
- queso fresco or fresh feta, crumbled shopping list
- guacamole shopping list
- lime quarters shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Place in slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine jalapeño, garlic, onions, spices, oregano, tomatoes, pineapple and pineapple juice.
- Use an immersion blender to bend to a chunky sauce-like consistency.
- Pour over pork (you’ll use about 3/4 of the amount of sauce you use), making sure you coat the pork on all sides. Set the remainder of the sauce aside – you might need it later.
- Cook on “Low” setting for 6-8 hours. The pork will fall apart when it’s done.
- Remove pork from the slow cooker and shred the meat gently with two forks, spooning some of the cooking sauce over it.
- At this point, you can refrigerate the meat. When you are ready to eat it, reheat slowly in a saucepan, adding some of the reserved sauce.
- Serve on corn tortillas with condiments of your choice.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!