Butternut Squash, Sage, And Parmesan PastiesFrom rkallay 3 years ago
- Dough: shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 2/3 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces shopping list
- 6-8 tablespoons ice water shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 8 ounces butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1 cm cubes shopping list
- 1 medium red onion, diced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sage shopping list
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted shopping list
- sea salt shopping list
- Freshly ground white pepper (or black) shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
How to make it
- To make dough
- Sift flour and salt into a large bowl. Using a pastry blender or knife, cut butter into flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add 1 tablespoon of ice water at a time, gently tossing between additions, until the dough just holds together. Shape dough into a ball and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before rolling out.
- Before rolling out the dough, let it soften slightly so that it is malleable but still cold. On a lightly floured surface, roll it out to 1/8-inch thick. Cut out two circles using a plate or bowl as a guide.
- To make pasties
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine butternut squash, onion, garlic, sage, parsley, Parmesan cheese, and pine nuts.
- Spoon mixture over half of each dough round, leaving a 1-inch border around the edge. Sprinkle well with salt and pepper.
- Moisten the edges of the dough with beaten egg. With cool hands, fold the pastry over and crimp the edges. (Use any crimping technique you like, just make sure it is well sealed) Cut a small slit in the top of each pasty. Brush all over with beaten egg.
- Bake until golden and cooked through, about 40 minutes. Serve hot or warm.
The Cookrkallay Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!