Creamy Asparagus And Ham SoupFrom pleclare 2 years ago
- 2 TB extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 8 oz. boneless ham steak,cut in 1/4" cubes shopping list
- 1 leek,white and light geen parts only,thinly sliced and rinsed well. shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic,thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 small red-skinned potatoes(4 to 5 oz total),peeled and cut in 1/2" cubes shopping list
- 4 c chicken broth shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1-1/2 bunches asparagus (about 1-1/2 lbs),cut into 1/2 " pieces shopping list
- 1- 6 oz. container plain yogurt shopping list
- crusty bread,to serve with the soup. shopping list
How to make it
- In large dutch oven,heat olive oil over med-high;add ham and cook,stirring,until golden,about 5 mins. Using slotted spoon,transfer ham to a plate. Add the leek and garlic to pot and cook till tender,about 2 mins.. Stir in the potatoes and chicken broth and bring to simmer,season with salt and pepper.
- Cook till potatoes are almost tender,8 to 10 mins. Stir in asparagus and cook till tender,about 5 mins. Remove from heat
- Scoop out 1/2 c asparagus pieces and set aside for garnish. Using blender and working in bunches,puree the soup. Return soup to pot,whisk in yogurt and season with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into bowls,sprinkle rthe ham and asparagus pieces on top and serve with bread..