Sugar-free Chocolate Coconut CookiesFrom otterpond 5 years ago
- 5 tbsp margarine shopping list
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, Natural Unsweetened shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1/2 tsp Real Iodized salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups Granulated Baking Splenda shopping list
- 4 egg shopping list
- 3/4 cup Organic coconut flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup Shredded unsweetened coconut shopping list
- 18 whole almond shopping list
- 1 tsp cardamom shopping list
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg, Ground shopping list
How to make it
- Split the almonds in half. I use my mandoline for this. Naturally you could be sensible and by them already halved.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- 1) Melt butter in bowl or 1 quart measuring cup -- you can make the whole recipe in the same container that way.
- 2) Whisk in cocoa powder until blended. Whisk in cream, salt, vanilla, and Splenda.
- 3) Whisk the eggs in and beat until they are well-blended. Add coconut flour and blend well, and finish with the dried coconut, cardamom and nutmeg. Combine well, and let sit for 5 minutes. The coconut will absorb most of the liquid.
- 4) Prepare cookie sheets, either by greasing well, covering with parchment paper, or a silicone baking mat.
- 5) Drop batter by rounded teaspoons (batter will be about 1½ inches across). Put half an almond or macadamia nut on the top of each, and push slightly to "anchor."
- 6) Bake for about 12 minutes, until cookies are set and just beginning to brown on bottom.
- 7) Let cool on pan for about 10 minutes. Remove. When fully cool, store in airtight container.
- Nutrition Info: http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/sugar-free-chocolate-coconut-cookies/#ixzz1JWJ6Asc0
- recipe based on one published by Laura Dolson http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/cookies/r/choclatecoconut.htm
The Cookotterpond Orlando, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!