Quick Key Lime PieFrom monik 4 years ago
- Base : shopping list
- 85 g butter shopping list
- 225g of digestive biscuits finely crumbled shopping list
- Filling : shopping list
- 1 can of condensed milk some what like 350-400g shopping list
- 300ml double cream / whipping cream shopping list
- finely grated zest n juice of 5 limes shopping list
- A few drops of food colour (opt) shopping list
- Some lime slices for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Base :
- Melt butter in a pan then remove from , Add crumbled biscuits n stir , mixing well with butter . Pour into a 23 cm pie pan
- Use ur hands to mold the mixture into the base n side of pan , pressing firmly
- Place in fridge to set while u make the filling
- Filling :
- In a bowl whisk together all the above mixing ingredients till it become thicker as you whisk ... U can add food colour 1 drop at a time until u get the colour u like but its totally optional
- pour into the chilled base n decorate with lime slices
- Let it set for atleast 1 hour before u serve.
- Tip :
- 1. Most of the time i dont have lime at home so i use lemon zest n juice but instead of 5 lemons i use 2 lemons ..
- 2. When mix filling indgredients dont add instanly lime juice 1st add cream n milk give it a whisk then slowly add lime juice
- 3.u can always use any biscuit u desire..
- 4. you can decorate with whipped cream merangue or cool whip n lace with it chocolate sauce ....
- My motto is to make economical food or dessert !!!
- You can always twist or turn or use ur ideas while ur making ur food... thank you
- Enjoy !!!!
The Cookmonik Athens, Greece
- Not added to any groups yet!