Heath Bar MacaroonsFrom otterpond 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine coconut, vanilla, butter and half the sugar.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, whip the egg whites until they get foamy and opaque. Add remaining sugar in a slow, steady stream and continue whipping until mixture is pure white and volumized, but just short of holding soft peaks. (KOD note: This should take about 3 minutes.)
- Fold whites into the coconut mixture. Add the Heath Bar Bits.
- Using a very small ice-cream scoop or teaspoon, scoop batter onto parchment-lined baking sheets, about 1/2-inch apart.
- Bake for about 13-15 minutes, until lightly browned, turning the tray once during baking. Cool completely.
- Makes about 3 dozen macaroons.
- Nutrition Info: http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/heath-bar-macaroons/