Southern Pecan Crusted Chicken With Mustard SauceFrom HoustonBelle 3 years ago
- 1 cup pecans shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- cayenne shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil shopping list
- 1 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grainy or Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon white-wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- 1.In a food processor, pulse the pecans with the cornstarch, thyme, paprika, 1 1/4 teaspoons of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon cayenne until the nuts are chopped fine. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl.
- 2.Whisk together the egg and the water in a small bowl. Dip each chicken breast into the egg mixture and then into the nut mixture.
- 3.In a large nonstick frying pan, heat the oil over moderate heat. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Turn and continue cooking until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes longer.
- 4.Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, sugar, parsley, a pinch of cayenne and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Serve the chicken with the mustard dipping sauce.
- Menu Suggestion: The crisp coating on the chicken invites a creamy potato gratin alongside. Green beans, perhaps sautéed in bacon fat, would taste great, too.
- Wine Recommendation: The combination of the sweet pecans and the assertive mustard sauce lends itself to either a crisp sparkling wine or a stainless-steel-fermented sauvignon blanc from California.
The CookHoustonBelle Somewhere In, Texas
- Not added to any groups yet!