Spinach And Two Tomato QuicheFrom jo_jo_ba 3 years ago
- 6 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed shopping list
- 2 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 2 tbsp finely chopped pine nuts shopping list
- ¼ cup diced sun dried tomato halves (not packed in oil) shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk shopping list
- Pinch ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 10-oz. pkg. frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry shopping list
- 1 shallot, finely minced shopping list
- 3 oz shredded gruyere cheese shopping list
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved shopping list
How to make it
- Coat a 9” deep-dish pie plate or cake pan with cooking spray.
- Lay 1 phyllo sheet on a work surface and brush all over with oil. Top with second phyllo sheet, and brush with oil. Top with third phyllo sheet, brush with oil, and sprinkle with chopped pine nuts.
- Repeat phyllo and oil layers until all the phyllo has been used.
- Press into the pan and fold edges to form a “border” or “lip” around the circumference. Place into the freezer while preparing the filling (can make and freeze, wrapped in plastic, up to 3 days).
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place dried tomatoes in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Let stand 10 minutes, then drain.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs and egg white until lemony-yellow and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in the evaporated milk and nutmeg.
- Stir in the spinach, shallot and Gruyere, season with salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into the prepared, chilled crust and top with cherry tomatoes (try for cut side up for presentation).
- Bake 45 - 50 minutes, or until center is set.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- jo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Good To Freeze127 members
Original Recipes143 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Family Favourites134 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
All Holidays135 members
The Art Of Healthy Living58 members
FROM SCRATCH146 members
Eat Those Veggies85 members
Tried And True Recipes39 members