Beef StewFrom circlemoon8 3 years ago
- 1 lb lean beef, cubed shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 cup beef broth shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 2 onions, chopped shopping list
- parsley, chopped shopping list
- thyme, a pinch shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 4 med potatoes, peeled and quartered shopping list
- 4 carrots, diced shopping list
- 4 stalks celery, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Dredge the beef in flour and brown rapidly in butter and olive oil (half and half). Add salt and pepper to the beef as it browns. When the beef is well browned, add the liquids -- stirring up the bits from the bottom of the pan (that's where the flavor is!)
- Add in the onions, parsley, thyme and bay leaf and simmer until the meat is tender. This can take 2-5 hours, depending on the meat.
- Remove the bay leaf and add the potatoes and carrots to the meat mixture for 45 minutes. Add the celery 15 minutes prior to serving.
- Serve with crusty bread and a green salad.
The Cookcirclemoon8 Mesa, Arizona
- Not added to any groups yet!