Chicken And Portobello FajitasFrom pleclare 2 years ago
- 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken thighs cut into strips shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic,minced shopping list
- 1 pkg. (12 oz) flour tortillas shopping list
- 3 TB EVOO shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 large Italian frying peppers,cut lengthwise into 1/2" strips shopping list
- 1 large red onion,cut in 8 wedges shopping list
- 4 portobello mushroom caps (about 4") sliced 1/4" thick shopping list
- 1 container (7 oz) whole-milk Greek yogurt,for serving shopping list
How to make it
- In med. bowl,toss chicken with chili powder and half the garlic.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and place in 350' oven. Let warm while you cook chicken and vegetables.
- Heat 12" cast-iron skillet over med-high heat till hot. Add 1-1/2 TB EVoo and the chicken,season with salt and pepper. Cook,stirring until chicken is no longer pink,about 5 mins. Using slotted spoon,transfer the chicken to a bowl.
- Add remaining 1-1/2Tb EVOO and garlic,the frying peppers,and onion to skillet and cook over med. heat ,stirring,until beginning to char,about 3 mins. Stir in the mushrooms and cook ,stirring occasionally until the onion is crisp tender,about 5 mins.
- Return the chicken to the pan and cook,stirring until the vegetables are tender and chicken is hot,about 2 mins.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve the chicken-vegetable mixture with warmed tortillas and yogurt or sour cream.
- Use pre-sliced portobellos to save some time.