Roasted Shrimp With Veggies And OrzoFrom essentialingredients 3 years ago
- 1 16 oz package orzo pasta shopping list
- 2 tblspns butter shopping list
- 1 lb shrimp (medium to large size) – shelled & deveined shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- juice of one lime shopping list
- ½ tsp ginger shopping list
- curry powder shopping list
- granulated garlic shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- sesame oil shopping list
- 1 package dried mushrooms (I used a “stir fry” mix) that have been rehydrated and chopped shopping list
- 2 small or medium yellow squash – sliced into thin half-moons (I used the 3 setting on my mandolin) shopping list
- 2 medium shallots – sliced thin, kept divided (I used the 1 setting on my mandolin) shopping list
- 2 cups baby spinach, stemmed shopping list
- 3 oz crumbled feta cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees (F).
- Cook orzo according to package directions. When finished cooking, drain, rinse briefly* and return to pot – immediately add in 2 tblspns butter and stir until melted and incorporated in the orzo.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine the prepared shrimp with a combination of olive oil and a bit of sesame oil to coat, the juice of one lime, the ginger, a dash of curry powder, ½ tspn of the granulated garlic, salt and pepper. Toss and stir to fully distribute spices and coat shrimp.
- Spread the shrimp out in a single layer on a shallow foil-lined (and spraying w/ nonstick spray) baking dish and roast in the 450 oven for 6 minutes.
- Toss the sliced squash, chopped rehydrated mushrooms and one of the sliced shallots together in a bowl with a splash of olive oil and a splash of sesame oil. Season with salt, pepper and a bit of granulated garlic.
- After the shrimp have roasted for 6 minutes, remove from the oven and turn the shrimp. Then add the squash, mushrooms and shallot combination evenly to the baking dish. Turn down the oven to 425 and roast for 5-6 minutes (size of the shrimp is a factor here) and remove from oven.
- In a large serving bowl, lay out the spinach, drizzle with a bit of sesame oil and season with salt & pepper. On top of this add the remaining thinly sliced shallot.
- Add the warm buttered orzo to the bowl on top of the spinach & shallot and toss all together (this will wilt the spinach a bit). Next add the roasted shrimp & veggies to the bowl and lightly toss again. Finally, add the feta and toss again.
- *I find orzo to be super starchy and that a brief rinse while draining is a benefit. If you prefer not to rinse, just skip that step.
The Cookessentialingredients Kansas City, Missouri
- Not added to any groups yet!