Lemon Chicken My WayFrom dcruzarelli 5 years ago
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts salt/pepper shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tbs. of fresh parsley chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour + 2 tbsp for later shopping list
- 4-6 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cups of chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice or to taste shopping list
- 1 tsp of capers( optional) shopping list
- S+P shopping list
How to make it
- Beat the eggs with the parsley in a large bowl to blend.
- Place flour into a shallow dish. Season flour w/ salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in the flour and coat both sides tapping off excess flour. Dip into the egg mixture and lift to let the excess drip off. Set aside.
- In a large skillet add 1 tbsp of butter. Heat over medium heat. When melted,dip the chicken 1 more time in the egg mixture and add to the hot skillet. Do this in batches .(Repeat above until all chicken is cooked) Cook chicken until nice and brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a large plate and cover loosely with foil.
- In the same pan make a rue. Add 1 tbsp of butter and stir it with a whisk. When butter is melted, add 2 Tbsp flour and whisk the flour in with the butter until the flour cooks fully and no longer looks white. The flour might clump up but that is ok.
- Add the wine, chicken broth and lemon juice(the 3 can be combined before adding to pan), whisk to incorporate until all the lumps are gone and the sauce starts to thicken. Add capers now if using
- Once sauce is reduced and thickened season with additional pepper and salt and a sprinkiling of parsley if desired.
- Pour this sauce Over the chicken cutlets and serve warm OR add chicken cutlets into the pan with sauce and keep warm over very low heat. (Dont over cook it or the chicken will get tough and the sauce will diminish) Serve with pasta..YUM
The Cookdcruzarelli 11214
- Not added to any groups yet!