Butter Lettuce With Shrimp And A Fresh Herb DressingFrom sosousme 3 years ago
- 1 bag butter leaf lettuce (or other "soft" lettuce - I wash mine even when it's bagged, better safe than sorry I say) shopping list
- 1/2 of an english cucumber, peeled with the flesh diced into a 1/4 inch dice, seeds tossed into the compost shopping list
- 1 avocado, cut into quarters, peeled then each quarter cut into 3 lovely slices shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/3 pound small cook shrimp (I think they actually call these cocktail or salad shrimp ~ found at your fish stand) shopping list
- For the dressing: shopping list
- 2 tablespoon white balsamic or champagne vinegar (so very mild, if you use a regular white wine vinegar, add a pinch of salt to round it out) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Dijon musard shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme shopping list
- salt and pepper, to your taste shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil (when you are adding the olive oil, taste after 1/4 cup, if it seems to acidic then add some more until you like the balance of vinegar to oil) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the vinegar with the mustard. Whisk well, then add the herbs along some salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in the oil, checking about 1/4 cup in for acidity, and whisk until well emulsified. Once the dressing is made, pour most of it into another bowl, leaving just a coating in the large bowl.
- To the large bowl, add the lettuce, cucumber and green onions. Toss well, adding a bit more dressing, if necessary (you want the lettuce JUST coated with dressing).
- Place the "salad" onto plates, then top with the 3 avocado slices (nicely fanned if you please); then spoon the shrimps over the top. Spoon or drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve.
- Per Serving: 244 Calories; 22g Fat (3g Sat, 15g Mono, 2g Poly); 8g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 43mg Cholesterol; 332mg Sodium.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!