Beef Sirloin Salad with Dried CherriesFrom coffeebean53 8 years ago
- 1 boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick (approx. 1-1/4 pounds) shopping list
- 4 small or 2 medium heads boston lettuce, torn (approx. 8 cups) shopping list
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or dried cranberries shopping list
- 1/2 cup pine nuts or coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted shopping list
- Dressing shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In medium bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Remove and reserve 1/2 cup; cover and refrigerate.
- Trim fat from beef steak. Cut steak lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick strips. Add beef to remaining dressing; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes
- Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef (1/2 at a time) and stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Remove from skillet with slotted spoon.
- In large bowl, combine lettuce and reserved dressing; toss to coat. Arrange beef over lettuce; sprinkle with cheese, cherries and nuts. Serve immediately.
The Cookcoffeebean53 Charlotte, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!